09:30 – 10:00VIP Keynote Session
- H.E Hala Zawati,Minister of Energy & Mineral Resources, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Yousif Al Janabi,Deputy Minister of Industry & Minerals, Republic of Iraq
- H.E Bernard Lynch, Ambassador of Australia to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
10:00 – 11:15Jordan Mining Sector
- The mining sector in Jordan: Current prospects & new investment opportunities.
- Mining & Minerals: A cornerstone of the Jordanian economy?
- A geological survey of Jordan’s mining & mineral wealth.
- Successful case studies on the mining & mineral sector.
– Wafaa Bakheet, Board Member, Energy & Minerals Regulatory Commission
– Suhaib Al Tal, Director Treasury and Investments, Arab Potash Company
– Prof Mohammad Al-Hwaiti, Director of Research & Business Development, Jordan Phosphate Mines Company
– Eyas Shuaibi, Consultant, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
– Dr Jamal Alali, Mineral Processing Engineer & Mining Geologist
11:15 – 11:30Mining Investment Opportunities in Fujairah
- Abdul Rahman Elsheikh, Geologist, Fujairah Natural Resources Corporation
11:30 – 12:00Showcase Mauritania
- Ahmed Taleb Mohamed, Advisor, Ministry of Petrol, Energy & Mines, Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- Hachemy Cheikh Sidaty, Director General, Mauritanian National Agency for Research & Mining
12:00 – 12:30Networking & Coffee Break
12:30 – 13:30Financing & Capital Raising in Arab Mining & Minerals
- New Structures, Sources of Finance, Opportunities for Debt & Blended Finance.
- Role of Development Finance Institutions in Developing the Mining & Mineral Sectors.
- Sourcing Regional Investors, State Owned Wealth & Debt Finance.
- Connecting International Capital with The Arab World.
- How to move forward investment in the mining sector?
– Kholoud Saqqaf, CEO & Vice Chairman of the Board, Social Security Investment Fund
– Mazen Wathaifi, CEO, Amman Stock Exchange
– Hamzeh Al-Alayani, Board Member, Government Investments Management Co. (GIMC) GIMC
– Majd Shafiq, Head of Middle East, Board Member, Audere International, Amman Stock Exchange
13:30 – 14:00Opportunities for Mining in Iraq
- Bereen Abdusalam Qasim, Chairman & Director General, Iraqi Fund for External Development
- Khaldoun Al Bassam, Former Director General, Geological Survey of Iraq
14:00 – 14:30Artisanal Mining & its Support for the Mining Sector
- Ali Ibrahim, Business Development Manager, Minelab MEA General Trading LLC
14:30 – 15:30Lunch & Networking Break
15:30 – 16:30Diversity & Inclusion, Virtual Panel by Women in Mining UK
- Seeking out Arab talent: local community outreach and content policies.
- Women in Arab mining and minerals: benefits of building a diverse workplace.
- Changing the perception of mining: promoting transparency, inclusion, and accountability.
- Who should take the lead in promoting diversity? Financial institutions, governments, or mining companies?
– Dr. Stacy Hope, ESG Director at Africa Matters and Head of Global Outreach Committee, Women in Mining UK
– Yogita Vichare, Director, Corporate Strategy, Fura Gems
– Amanda van Dyke, Managing Director of Sustainable Resources Strategy, ARCH Emerging Markets Partners
Day 2 – 29th September 2021
09:30 – 10:00Developing the Mining Industry in the MENA Region: An Integrated Strategy [Virtual Presentation]
- Tim Lucks, Managing Director & Principal Geologist, SRK Consulting
- Mark Campodonic, Corporate Consultant (Resource Geology), SRK Consulting
10:00 – 10:30Black Swan or Dead Duck? Filtering Projects for Investment
- Wilson Robb, Principal Geologist & Executive Chairman, Aurum Exploration
10:30 – 11:00Technical Training Systems for Mining Industries
- Eng. Ata Al-Shatel, Senior Training Expert, Festo
11:00 – 11:30Integration and Adaptation: Why these are so important throughout the mining life cycle
- Antony Benham, Principal Consultant, SRK Consulting
11:30 – 12:00Listing Mining Companies on the London Stock Exchange [Case Study]
- Majd Shafiq, Head of Middle East, Audere International
12:00 – 12:30Legal Framework for Investing in Arab Mining & Minerals?
- Ayman Eloqaili, Managing Partner & Legal Advisor, Eloqaili Law Firm
12:30 – 13:00Networking & Coffee Break
13:00 – 16:00Virtual Conference
13:00 – 14:00How to Successfully Develop the Mining Sector in Arab Countries [Virtual Panel
- Eric Rasmussen, Director, Natural Resources, EBRD
- Abed Hakmi, Business Development (MENA), Australian Trade & Investment Commission
- Uday Patel, Senior Research Manager, Global Aluminium Markets, Wood Mackenzie
- Eng Alan M.Clegg, Strategic Advisor
- Tim Archer, Consultant, Reid Geophysics
14:00 – 14:30What Can the Arab World Learn from Successful Mining Projects in Africa?
- Charles Siwawa, CEO, Botswana Chamber of Mines
- Clive Mitchell, Industrial Minerals Geologist, British Geological Survey
14:30 – 14:45Regulatory Reform in Arab Mining
- Emma Beatty, Director of Research, MineHutte
14:45 – 15:00Mining Opportunities in Gold
- Adam Webb, Director of Mine Supply, Metals Focus
15:00 – 16:00Responsible Miner
- Ignacio de Calonje, Chief Financial Officer, IFC
- Froydis Cameron-Johansson, Group Head of International & Government Relations, Anglo American
- Kate Southwell, General Counsel, Pala Investments
- Pierre De Pasquale, Head of Stakeholder Engagement, Responsible Mining Foundation
If you are interested in joining our prestigious speaker faculty, get in touch at