Arab Mining and Minerals is passionate about supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The conference will demonstrate the latest technological developments, integrating sustainable development within the mining sector’s corporate decision-making process.
The mining industry offers great economic prosperity towards communities, however, poses substantial challenges and risks to the local people and environment. With climate change at the heart of global policy, sustainable mining is at the forefront of the industry. Government and industry leaders are taking immediate action to guarantee the long-term sustainability of the industry and supporting the UN SDGs.
Arab Mining and Minerals is proud to support responsible mining. The conference will discuss and share innovative ideas on the following:
- The impact on the environment and its resources.
- Safety of the workers.
- Gender equality and diversity.
- The role of the circular economy in mining.
- Initiative to rehabilitate and repatriate abandoned mining sites.
- Contribute to the social and economic development of the local communities of mining locations.
- Reducing carbon footprint, noise and analysis of air quality and pollution.
- Responsible corporate governance.
- Water protection and hygiene.